Installation Issue Troubleshooting v1.1 (XP update)
Issue: Customers software is out of date and remains so after a few program startups.
- Customers software is too far out of date and does not have the auto update features.
- The auto update is failing.
- Internet is too slow to complete a download
Google Chrome does not come with a “Resume Download” feature. This may result in large files ending before complete.
Internet Explorer and Firefox both offer a resume button if interruptions occur.
Shop Tools: Download here.
Centurion (Update): Download here.
Direct Link (Update): Download here.
Tune Builder (Update): Download here.
Launcher: Download here.
Please download the Microsoft Download Manager here.
Once this is installed, run Microsoft Download Manager from your desktop.
Press the new download button and paste the following into the box:
The download will start and will be “managed” by the manager until completed.
Issue: Installs cannot replace existing files/Install files seem to be missing.
- Program is running and the automated command to close was ignored.
- Windows or antivirus holding up files.
With the installer still open, close the software you are attempting to update (likely in the background). Click “Retry” on the installer Error prompt.
Check that the software you are attempting to update isn’t pseudo open in a crashed state. (Rare, but possible)
- Ctrl+Alt+Del, Task Manager.
- Check processes for the program.
- If found, attempt to close from Task Manager – else restart the computer and try again.
Issue: Windows XP unable to run newer software.
- Basic DLL functionality unavailable in windows XP.
Download and install from this link.
We have disabled the updater on this version so that it will not be automatically replaced in the future. This will work through 2017.
After this, support will not be available for those customers that run XP. Victory tuning will never be available on windows XP.